From Dragon Mania Legends Wiki
This article is about the currency. For other uses, see Gem (disambiguation).
Gems are the premium in-game currency. They can be used in various ways and are either purchased or earned.
|Method||Lowest Amount||Highest Amount||Notes|
|Petting Dragons||1||2||No more than two Gems can be obtained within a 24-hour period|
|Participating in the Dragon League||1||5||Obtained from win streaks or leaderboard|
|Exploring ruins||1||40||Amount depends on the ruin and the chest obtained|
|Random treasure chests on the Campaign Map||1|
|Opening Dungeon chests||2||100|
|Milestones for the Totem of Friendship||3||100|
|Milestones for the Friend System||10||100|
|Milestones for the Dragon Collector Leaderboard||10||75|
|Playing Otto's Lotto||1||10||Amount depends on the wheel|
|Watching videos whenever the icon appears above a Habitat or a Farm||1|
|Leveling up and at random after reaching the maximum level||1||5|
|Connecting the Trainer account, for the very first time, to Facebook||10|
|Receiving from Gift Giver||5|
|Subscribing to the Clam||10||1,600||Costs real currency|
|Various contests or sweepstakes sponsored or hosted by Gameloft outside the game||Variable amount||These are usually held on their Facebook page|
|Various in-game promotions||Variable amount||Promotions can be offered in exchange for real currency|
|Piggy Bank events||300||600||Costs real currency and requires the expenditure of Gems to make the bank purchasable and set level of Gems to be received.|
Gems can also be obtained in exchange for real currency by pressing the button on the Gems bar at the top of the screen. As Gems have a multitude of purposes, the option to purchase them will be shown in most areas of the game (including, but not limited to, battles or various selection screens and windows).
Trainers can choose to buy any of the six available Gem bundles on the purchase selection screen. Some packs are presented as Best Deal! or Recommended! by the game. Whenever a bundle is offered at a discount, the percentage of the discount is shown next to the pack and the time left until said discount is no longer available is shown under the pack. Discounted bundles can only be purchased in the limited amount shown atop the pack (in most cases). Whenever there is a limited-time promotion, the sign will be shown both on the Gems bar at the top of the screen and above the shop that is on the mountainside below Chronos.
Aside from the various packs shown, there are also the options for subscribing to the Clam and to watch videos in exchange for spinning Otto's Lotto wheel (if still available for that day). Pressing the button in the snapshot of the Clam, will bring up an information panel with the description of the Clam and its offer. Pressing the button in the snapshot of the wheel will take the Trainer to Otto's Lotto to watch videos for prizes. Additionally, if the Trainer has never purchased anything from the game using real currency, the notice will be shown on this screen.
Gems are the only currency that counts toward the VIP level of the Trainer. Any purchase of Gems, either directly or indirectly, is added to the VIP level. In the bottom of the Gem offers screen, the icon is shown, indicating the Trainer's VIP level inside. The total number of Gems the Trainer purchased and the total number of Gems needed to reach the next VIP level, separated by a / mark, are displayed to the right of that. Pressing the button will take the Trainer to the VIP interface.
The amounts shown below apply to the majority of Trainers. Discrepancies among Trainers based on their country and platform can exist in some cases. Additionally, values can change depending on various promotions and sales.
During Gift Giver promotions, whenever a Clan member purchases 50 or more Gems, all of their Clanmates will be awarded gifts. The type and amount of gifts that will be awarded depend upon the number of Gems purchased. The Trainer can choose to hide their name from being seen by the other Clan members when they receive their gifts.
|Method||Lowest Amount||Highest Amount||Notes|
|Purchasing Boss Habitats||50||The only building that can be purchased through Gems.|
|Purchasing various tickets||25||225|
|Purchasing Instant Win Tickets||5||500||Amount depends on the Trainer's VIP Level|
|Activating the Dungen Token Multiplier||35|
|Opening all chests in the Clockwork Dungeon||125|
|Awakening the third Element of Legendary and Divine Dragons||99|
|Upgrading Boss Habitats, the Hatchery and the Ancient Portal||50||2,500||The only buildings that can only be upgraded in exchange for Gems|
|Restoring Portal Energy or Arena Energy||3||39||Amount depends on the Trainer's VIP Status and/or level of the Ancient Portal|
|Refreshing the Dragon League opponent selection choices and refreshing the Dragon selection choices for ruins||3||15||Always 5 for the Dragon League; amount varies from 3 to 15 for ruins|
|Opening Rusty Gates on the Campaign Map without help from friends||5||60||Amount varies on the number of friends needed to open the gate|
|Switching mastery skills||35|
|Quickening Dragon Fury in battle||5||20|
|Reviving Dragons in the Enchantment League and restoring stamina in the Clockwork Dungeon||1||39||Maximum 25 for EL; always 39 for the Dungeon|
|Speeding up various tasks: breeding, hatching, building and upgrading various buildings, growing Food, exploring ruins, awakening Elements, refresh times for recipes/Clan Quests etc.||1||250|
|Buying extra recipes in The Great Dragon Race||20||100||Only a maximum of 5 recipes can be bought in each event|
|Buying items in Solo Events||3||30||Amount varies by tiers|
|Skipping tasks on the To-Do-List||5||10|
|Purchasing offers in the Whale-Mart||Variable amount||Amount depends on the deal|
|As a requirement in Gem Spending Events||1||∞||Amount depends on the spender|
|Various in-game promotions or packs offered occasionally||Variable amount|
- To speed up any amount of time, the option has to be pressed after selecting what is to be sped up. A confirmation window will pop up and pressing the button will confirm the choice, provided the Trainer has enough Gems to pay the cost.
- There are two factors that influence the cost of speeding up timers, namely the duration and the feature. For example, the same amount of time for health regeneration in the Enchantment League and the same amount for breeding breeding does not have the same cost.
The formula for all other timers that can be sped up is as follows:
(TimeInSeconds ^ -0.46) * 0.12 * TimeInSeconds
The final result is then rounded, in the following intervals, as follows:
- 1-10: 1
- 10-100: 5
- 100-200: 25
- 200-1,000: 50
- over 1,000: 100
- The cost to speed up the hatching time of the Water Dragon (5 minutes): (300 ^ -0.44) * 0.15 * 300 = 3,6 - rounding by 1 applies, thus the cost to skip the timer is 4 Gems.
- The cost to speed up upgrading a Dragon's skill to Level 2 at the Academy (3 hours): (10800 ^ -0.44) * 0.15 * 10800 = 27,2 - rounding by 5 applies, thus the cost to skip the timer is 30 Gems.
- The cost to speed up the breeding time of a Legendary Dragon (2 days): (172800 ^ -0.44) * 0.15 * 172800 = 128 - rounding by 25 applies, thus the cost to skip the timer is 125 Gems.
- The cost to speed up the hatching time of a Divine Dragon (4 days and 19 hours): (415200 ^ -0.44) * 0.15 * 415200 = 210 - rounding by 50 applies, thus the cost to skip the timer is 250 Gems.
- The cost to speed up the waiting time in the first challenge of the Greek Boss Challenge (4 hours): (14400 ^ -0.5) * 0.1 * 14400 = 12 - rounding by 5 applies, thus the cost to skip the timer is 15 Gems.
- The cost to speed up the post-battle health regeneration of a Dragon with 0% health (2 hours and 30 minutes): (9000 ^ -0.46) * 0.12 * 9000 = 16 - rounding by 5 applies, thus the cost to skip the timer is 20 Gems.
Purchasing Food & Gold
The amounts below apply to the majority of Trainers with a level above 59 as they depend on the Level Modifier. In some cases, discrepancies among some Trainers based on their country and platform can exist. Additionally, values can change depending on various promotions and sales.