This article is about the currency. For other uses, see Gem (disambiguation).
Gems are the in-game premium currency. They are purchased or earned and can be used in various ways.
|Method||Lowest Amount||Highest Amount||Notes|
|Petting Dragons||1||2||No more than two Gems can be obtained within a 24-hour period|
|Event leaderboards and milestones||1||200|
|Participating in the Dragon League||1||5||Obtained from win streaks|
|Exploring ruins||1||40||Amount depends on the ruin and the chest obtained from it|
|Random treasure chests on the Campaign Map||1||Variable amount|
|Opening Dungeon chests||2||100|
|Milestones for the Totem of Friendship||3||100|
|Milestones for the Friend System||10||100|
|Daily Prizes||1||24||Amount depends on the VIP Status|
|Playing Otto's Lotto||1||10||Amount depends on the wheel|
|Watching videos whenever the icon appears above a Habitat or a Farm||1|
|Leveling up and at random after reaching the maximum level||1||5|
|Subscribing to the Clam||10||1,600||Costs real currency|
|Various contests or sweepstakes sponsored or hosted by Gameloft outside the game||Variable amount||These are usually held on their Facebook page|
|Various in-game promotions||Variable amount||Promotions can be offered in exchange for real currency|
In addition to the above methods, Gems can also be obtained in exchange for real currency by pressing the button at the top of the screen. As Gems have a multitude of purposes, the option to purchase them will be shown in most places in the game including, but not limited to, battles or various selection screens or windows. In the purchase selection screen, aside from the various packs, there is also the option to subscribe to the Clam and, if available for that day, the option to watch videos in exchange for spinning Otto's Lotto wheel. Pressing the option in the snapshot of the Clam, will bring up a video with the description of the Clam and its offer. Pressing the in the snapshot of the wheel, will take the player to Otto's Lotto to watch videos for prizes. Additionally, if the player has never purchased anything from the game via real currency, the notice will be shown on this screen.
Gems is the only currency that counts toward the VIP level of the player and any purchase of Gems, be it directly or indirectly (as part of various promotions), is added to the VIP level. In the bottom-left corner of this screen, the icon is shown, indicating the player's VIP level inside, and next to it the total amount of Gems the player purchased separated by a / from the total amount of Gems needed to reach the next VIP level. Pressing the button will take the player to the VIP interface.
During Gift Giver promotions, whenever a Clan member purchases 50 or more Gems, all of their Clans' members will be awarded gifts. The type of gifts and amount of each that will be awarded will depend on the number of Gems purchased. The player can choose to hide their name from being seen by the other Clan members when they receive their gifts.
|Method||Lowest Amount||Highest Amount||Notes|
|Purchasing Boss Habitats||50||The only building that can be purchased through Gems.|
|Purchasing VIP Status||49||199|
|Purchasing Autocombat Tickets||5||250||Amount depends on the player's VIP level|
|Purchasing the Dungen Token Multiplier||35|
|Purchasing premium card packs, chests in the Enchantment League, and opening all chests in the Clockwork Dungeon||100||250|
|Awakening the third Element of Legendary and Divine Dragons||99|
|Upgrading Boss Habitats, the Hatchery and the Ancient Portal||50||750||The only buildings that can be upgraded for Gems|
|Restoring Portal Energy or Arena Energy||3||39||Amount depends on the user's VIP Status and/or level of the Ancient Portal|
|Refreshing the Dragon League opponent selection choices and refreshing the Dragon selection choices for ruins||3||15||Always 5 for the Dragon League; amount varies from 3 to 15 for ruins|
|Opening Rusty Gates on the Campaign Map without help from friends||5||60||Amount varies on the number of friends needed to open the gate|
|Switching mastery skills||35|
|Quickening Dragon Fury in battle||5||20|
|Reviving Dragons in the Enchantment League and restoring stamina in the Clockwork Dungeon||1||39||Maximum 20 for EL; always 39 for the Dungeon|
|Speeding up various tasks: breeding, hatching, building and upgrading various buildings, growing Food, exploring ruins, awakening Elements, refresh times for recipes/Clan Quests etc.||1||250|
|Buying extra recipes in The Great Dragon Race||20||100||Only a maximum of 5 recipes can be bought in each event|
|Buying items in Solo Events||3||30||Amount varies by tiers|
|Skipping tasks on the To-Do-List||5||10|
|As a requirement in Gem Spending Events||1||∞||Amount depends on the spender|
|Various in-game promotions or packs offered occasionally||Variable amount|
- To speed up any amount of time, the option has to be pressed after selecting what is to be sped up. A confirmation window will pop up and pressing the button will confirm the choice, provided the player has enough Gems to pay the cost.
- There are two factors that influence the cost of speeding up timers, namely the duration and the feature. For example, the same amount of time for cooldowns in the Enchantment League and those when breeding does not have the same cost.
The formula for speeding up timers in events is as follows:
(TimeInSeconds ^ -0.5) * 0.1 * TimeInSeconds
The formula for all other timers that can be sped up is as follows:
(TimeInSeconds ^ -0.46) * 0.12 * TimeInSeconds
The final result is then rounded, in the following intervals, as follows:
- 1-10: 1
- 10-100: 5
- 100-200: 25
- 200-1,000: 50
- over 1,000: 100
- The cost to speed up the hatching time of the Water Dragon (5 minutes): (300 ^ -0.44) * 0.15 * 300 = 3,6 - rounding by 1 applies, thus the cost to skip the timer is 4 Gems.
- The cost to speed up the waiting time in the first challenge of the Boss Challenge (4 hours): (14400 ^ -0.5) * 0.1 * 14400 = 12 - rounding by 5 applies, thus the cost to skip the timer is 15 Gems.
- The cost to speed up upgrading a Dragon's skill to Level 2 at the Academy (3 hours): (10800 ^ -0.44) * 0.15 * 10800 = 27,2 - rounding by 5 applies, thus the cost to skip the timer is 30 Gems.
- The cost to speed up the breeding time of a Legendary Dragon (2 days): (172800 ^ -0.44) * 0.15 * 172800 = 128 - rounding by 25 applies, thus the cost to skip the timer is 125 Gems.
- The cost to speed up the hatching time of a Divine Dragon (4 days and 19 hours): (415200 ^ -0.44) * 0.15 * 415200 = 210 - rounding by 50 applies, thus the cost to skip the timer is 250 Gems.