Social interaction is one of the many features in Dragon Mania Legends. As players are able to face other players in battle, they are also able to befriend one another, providing them with numerous and unique benefits. With friends, gifts can be exchanged and rewards received.
Friend options can be located by selecting the Lighthouse and pressing the button or using the button on the right-hand side of the main island screen. Both options will bring up a list of friends located under the tab. This system is unlocked once the player reaches Level 4.
Players can connect their game account to other services in two different ways depending on their platform. All players can connect to Facebook directly from the friend list by pressing the button at the top of the list if the list is accessed from the main screen or at the bottom of the list if the list is accessed from the Dragon-hiring list, or by pressing the button in the top right corner of the screen, choosing the button, then pressing the button. Android users can also connect their game to their Gamer ID, a unique username linked to a player's Google account, by going to the same menu as before and choosing the button. Windows users can connect their game to their Xbox Live account through the same menu by pressing the button. Prior to the release of iOS 10, iOS users could connect their game to Game Center. This app has since been discontinued, but the game can still be connected to it, albeit outside the game, through the device's own settings, and save files can be retrieved from it.
Connecting the game to external services allows the player to backup their progress and even link it to other compatible devices. While the latter can also be done through , an option allowing the player to move their progress, it does not provide any progress backup. Regardless of the method chosen, linking the same game progress in multiple places can only be done on the same operating system (platform) and server. Additionally, linking the game to those external services will link the in-game achievements to achievements provided by those services for the player to earn within each of the respective service, but these will not be reflected in the game as they will have no impact on the player's game progress, as only the in-game achievements affect the progress.
There are two servers, namely apa and eur. On some devices, they are listed as apa-gold and eur-gold. In order for a player to find their server, they must press the button then go to and then . The name of the server is written next to Save Data Server.
In addition to the above benefits, connecting the game to Facebook will reward the player with 10 Gems and the Prairie Dragon, a unique Dragon that can initially only be obtained in this way, and will allow players to befriend each other in the game, enabling them access to various social benefits.
See Wiki Friend Page for befriending players
Players can befriend each other through Facebook by directly adding them there, through the button that appears when accessing the tab of the friend list, or through the button which appears on the friend list only if the player has 10 or fewer friends. Additionally, players that are part of the same Clan can befriend each other by going to the list of Clan members, pressing the 20px button and then the button. Friend requests must be accepted before being reflected in the game. Due to the fact that the game does not support the cross-platform and cross-server feature, only those on the same platform and server can become friends.
Once a friend has been added, they will show up in the friend list, and gifts are made available to send between players. Up to 200 friends will be displayed in the friend list. If there are more than 200 players only the first 200 will be displayed.
On the friend list screen, in addition to gifting options, there is the 20px button that can be pressed to access other options. The first one is the option which allows players to visit each other's islands.
Using the button allows players to remove friends from their list. However, if the user that is to be removed is friends with the player on Facebook, they must also be removed from the player's Facebook account in order for the friend to disappear from the game.
The two remaining options available within the 20px button are the and buttons. The former appears only if the inviting player is in a Clan and it is used to invite other players to the same Clan, while the latter appears only if the inspected player is in a Clan and it is used to see the Clan that player is part of.
In addition to the above, players can rent their friends' Dragons when battling on the Campaign Map. The option is made available when the player selects the quest they wish to engage. After pressing it, the player will receive a list of their friends' Dragons and they can choose which one to hire through the button, provided they have enough energy to do so and the Dragon has not been rented in the past 24 hours.
There is also a feature that allows players to see nearby players by pressing the tab in the friend list screen. From here, the player can visit those players' islands or send them an invitation in order to add them to the friend list. These players are not necessarily friends of the user, but players in a nearby range of 1, 10 or 100 kilometers.
TobyRusty Gate in the game, one that requires only one friend, Toby will be automatically assigned by the game to help open it.
Toby's level, as well as his strongest Dragon, depend on the level range of the player.
|Range||Toby's Level||Strongest Dragon (Skill Levels)|
|1-9||Level 9||Agave Dragon - Lv. 8 (2, 2, 0)|
|10-12||Level 12||Mutant Dragon - Lv. 11 (3, 1, 3)|
|13-15||Level 15||Golden Crow Dragon - Lv. 14 (3, 0, 3)|
|16-20||Level 20||Pulsar Dragon - Lv. 16 (3, 5, 6)|
|above 20||Level 60||Titan Dragon - Lv. 18 (5)|
Players can receive various notices and requests from other players through the messaging system. Messages can be accessed by using the button while viewing the friend list or by opening the inventory and selecting the option.
From the messages screen, the player is able to respond in certain ways depending upon the message received. The button can be pressed in response to requests for opening Rusty Gates or upgrading the Totem of Friendship. Invitations to a Clan can be accepted using the button or declined using the button. If the player wishes to see more information about that Clan before making a decision, they can press the button. Whenever one of their Dragons is hired by a friend, the player will be notified here and can the friendship points they have earned for this. Finally, players can or requests to add someone to their friend list. These last requests only come from fellow Clan members or users in the vicinity of the player, as friendship requests on Facebook can not be dealt with in the game itself.
All messages, with the exception of Clan invitations and friend requests, expire after 36 hours if they are left unclaimed. The user can have a maximum of 200 unclaimed messages.
On the friend list, the option appears in the right of each friend, with the exception of Toby. After that button is pressed, a random, mystery gift will be sent, out of four available ones; 1 Dragon Piece for the Enchantress Dragon, a Portal Gem, (1,000*Modifier) Gold, or (100*Modifier) Food, with only one to be sent to the given player at a given time. These gifts are not deducted from the player's own stockpile, instead being generated by the game itself. Only 1 Dragon Piece can be received per day.
Gifts can only be sent once every 24 hours per friend, however, there is no limit to the number of friends gifts may be sent to per day. Received gifts can be viewed either by pressing the button while viewing the friend list and then selecting the option in the bottom left, or by heading to the inventory and selecting the same tab. The gifts are displayed in order from oldest to newest.
The player can claim a maximum of only 100 gifts within a 24-hour period. The same limit applies to the number of gifts the player can receive, as the player will receive no new gifts until the reset time if they already received 100. For example, if the player did not claim any gift until the reset period, they will receive absolutely no new gifts after the 24-hour period has passed. Gifts that are left unclaimed for 36 hours will expire. At the top of the Gifts section, a counter is displayed showing the current total claimed and unclaimed gifts separated by a / from the limit of 100. All the gifts can be claimed at once through the button.
Since the limit of Portal Gems a player can have in their inventory is limited at 200, whenever that limited is reached and a mystery gift is claimed and results in a Portal Gem, the button will be shown under it, indicating how much Gold the player will receive should they press it and proceed with converting the Portal Gem to Gold.
Sharing the Code
Every player has a recruitment code which can be used to invite non-playing friends that are on the same platform and server. The recruitment code window can be accessed by going to the friend list where the player must select the tab to see their code, or the player can select the Lighthouse and press the button. The player can then choose the button to copy the code to the clipboard and paste it wherever they wish so, or they can choose the option which will bring up two other buttons that are used to send the code to a desired recipient. The button is used to send the invitation code through e-mail, while the other button is used to send the code through Facebook. Multiple new users can sign up using the same code, however, only one recruitment code may be submitted per person.
Whenever the player has their code used, a window will pop up informing them which will also display the name of the player who used it. Additionally, a window will also pop up whenever any recruit of the player's reaches Level 10 or 15. Both windows will have the option on them and pressing it will take the player to the inventory.
Using the Code
In order for a new player to enter a code, if they have not used one already, they must go under the same tab and press the button, then fill in the blank with the code, either by writing it in manually or by pasting it (after having been previously copied) through the option, and then finally validating it through the option.
A recruitment code can only be used by players who are Level 4 or above, but no higher than Level 15. Players can not use their own, personal codes, thus they must use another player's code.
Once the invitation is successfully accepted, the players will become friends in the game and both of them will receive compensation for using the code. The recruited player will receive a welcome basket of (500*Level Modifier) Food and (5,000*Level Modifier) upon entering the recruitment code, 1,000 Food upon reaching Level 10, and 50 Gems upon reaching Level 15. The player whose code was used will receive up to five milestone rewards depending on the number of people who have used their code. Additionally, the latter player will also receive (500*Level Modifier) Food and (5,000*Level Modifier) Gold for each new recruit, (1,000*Level Modifier) Food when the recruit reaches Level 10, and 10 Gems when the recruit reaches Level 15. Under the same tab where the recruitment code is, the player's progress toward the five milestones can be seen, as well as the progress of the recruited player.
|Reward for 3 Recruits||Reward for 5 Recruits||Reward for 8 Recruits||Reward for 12 Recruits||Reward for 15 Recruits|
Received Reward: 25 Gems
Received Reward: Pop Art Dragon
Received Reward: 50 Gems
Received Reward: Farmer Dragon
Received Reward: 100 Gems
- Update 3.2 made it possible to claim all gifts at once.
- The numbers in the "near me" section, which represented the "Dragon power" of the user (a combination of the Dragons owned, their levels, and their skills) was removed.
- The player can now befriend other players through the game, through the "near me" section.
- The game can now offer friendship suggestions through the button.
- Befriending players by inviting them through mail was discontinued.
- The button was replaced by the button.
- Messages have been slightly reworked and now include more information.
- Update 3.1 decreased the level of Toby's Titan Dragon from 22 to 18 and the level of his Pulsar Dragon from 18 to 16. The former received two Enchantment Stars while the latter received one. Additionally, the length of the friend list window was expanded allowing for a quicker gifting.
- Update 2.8 introduced matching pieces for the Enchantress Dragon as a new gift and no longer let the player choose what to gift, making the gifts random, thus the gifting screen has been discontinued. Additionally, the button has been replaced by the button and a tab has been added to the inventory. With the latter being introduced, gifts are now being sent there instead of the tab. Additionally, gifts are now listed from oldest to newest instead of newest to oldest.
- Support for Google+ log in has been dropped and replaced by the option to sign in and play using the new Gamer ID, a unique username linked to a player's Google account. This means players can no longer befriend themselves through Google+. Thus, the and the buttons were dropped for Android players and replaced by the button that was previously used only by iOS and Windows players. Additionally, the button was replaced by the button.
- Update 2.5 altered the graphics for the recruitment code and introduced level progress prizes for both the invited and the inviting player. Thus, starting with this update, both players receive additional rewards when the recruited player reaches Level 10 and 15. Prior to this update, the invited player received only a welcome basket of (500*Level Modifier) Food and (5,000*Level Modifier) while the inviting player did not receive rewards based on the level progression of the person they recruited. Additionally, the button was replaced by the button while the button was discontinued.
- Update 2.2 dropped support for Game Center, due to the app being discontinued with the release of iOS 10, thus friends can no longer be added in this way. Any friends who were added before it was discontinued remain in the player's friend list unless they are removed.
- Update 2.1 added the option to send friend requests to Clan members without having to befriend them outside the game.
- Update 2.0 introduced the 20px button along with and buttons, the latter two being part of the Clan feature added within the same update. Both were consolidated under the former button, along with the and the buttons, the latter having replaced the old button used for deleting friends.
- Update 1.9 introduced a 36-hour expiry limit for unclaimed messages and it capped the friend list at 200 friends.
- Update 1.8 introduced the option to remove friends from the list. Additionally, friend codes were renamed as recruitment codes and the button was replaced by the button.
- Update 1.7 scaled the gifts sent to friends to be in accordance to the receiving player's level. Additionally, referral codes were renamed as friend codes and the button was replaced by the button.
- Update 1.4 added an image of a baby Fire Dragon next to each friend's name (except Toby) indicating the total number of unique Dragons the player currently has.
- Update 1.3 introduced referral codes. Only players who have downloaded the game after this update are able to enter another player's code. Additionally, the was introduced at the bottom of the friend list as part of this feature, and it is used to access the referral code directly from the friend list.
- Starting with this update, Windows players can connect their game account to an Xbox Live account.
- The , and buttons have been replaced by the , and buttons, respectively.
- Update 1.2 made slight graphical alterations to the gift boxes behind the gifts.
- Update 1.1 brought graphical changes to the gifting screen that appears when pressing the button on the friend list. Each gift is now displayed over a blue gift box background and the avatar and name of the gifted player are now shown. Additionally, the Gift button inside this screen has been replaced by the button.
- Recruitment Code Information - Recruiter.png
Recruiting Player Benefits
- Recruitment Code Information - Recruitee.png
Recruited Player Benefits
Gifting Screen before Update 1.1
Gifting Screen before Update 1.2
Gifting Screen before Update 2.8
Recruitment Code Screen before Update 2.5
Code Validation Screen before Update 2.5