A hot air balloon can be seen serenely floating between the Main Island and Distant Marsh in the Archipelago. When videos are available, selecting the balloon will give the option to watch a video and then spin Otto's Lotto prize wheel. Going to the balloon can also be done through the option. There are various wheels, offered in random order after every spin, that determine which prizes are spun for. Each prize wheel is divided into five sections, with each section representing a different prize. The prize sections vary in size, giving greater chances of getting certain prizes while decreasing the odds of getting others. On some occasions, the Lotto will offer higher amounts, usually double, for a particular type of reward.
Wheels[edit | edit source]
The wheel ratios are as follows:
The probability is calculated as follows:
Each wheel can be divided, imaginarily, in 30 equal parts, separated by gray circles on their edges. One fraction represents 1/30th of the whole wheel, which is, approximately, 3.3% of it. In order to calculate the probability (%) of receiving a certain prize, one must look into how many parts of 30 the prize falls into and translate it to parts of 100. Example: on Wheel 1, a Fury Essence is one of the rewards offered. Its fraction, shown in red, takes 1.5 of the 30 parts. It can be translated to parts of 100 or percentage with a simple cross-multiplication, resulting in 5% (100*1.5/30=5).
Some values have been rounded for practical purposes.
Noteworthy Changes[edit | edit source]
- Update 3.2 replaced the button with the button.
- Update 3.0 slightly adjusted the prizes for some wheels and replaced the button with the button.
- Update 2.5 added more videos to watch.
- Update 1.9 converted the balloon to Otto's Lotto.
- Update 1.3 made the balloon functional for all servers and platform.
- Update 1.2 introduced the balloon, which originally was not tied to Otto, but gave only Gems in exchange for watching videos.