The Options Menu of Dragon Mania Legends is the place where various information and game settings can be found. The menu is accessed by selecting the option in the top-right corner of the main screen.
- 1 More Games!
- 2 Customer Care
- 3 News
- 4 Community
- 5 Select Language
- 6 Settings
- 7 Info
- 8 Help & Options
- 9 Connect To Social Network
- 10 Link A Device
- 11 Enable Recording
- 12 Downloadable Content
- 13 Noteworthy Changes
This option will take the player to Gameloft's Customer Care while also automatically including player information such as age, gender, client ID, language, country, platform, game version and firmware among many others.
In this sub-menu, the player can see all the past and current news related to the game. Each news will have a timestamp (excluding the year), a representative image and one or more tags, such as News, New Content, Event, Tips, Community, Contests, Preview, Sale, and Video. As some of the tags suggest, the news will usually be about upcoming Game Updates, sweepstakes, larger events, upcoming Dragon of the Week and Dragon of the Month and other types of announcements.
Whenever unread news are available, a red-colored circle indicating the number of news will be shown in the top-right corner of the access button. Additionally, in the bottom-right of the screen, the player can access a collection of various videos.
- - Players will be taken to the main interface of the Dragon Mania Legends Forums. From here, the player can choose a sub-forum that fits the topic they wish to discuss or research.
- News And Announcements - Formerly used as the means through which forum moderators and administrators made various announcements, but the last thread to be created was in 2015 while all existing eight threads are comment-locked.
- Discussions - The largest and most active sub-forum with over 4,700 topics and over 240 pages of threads.
- Add Me - A sub-forum for posting friend requests.
- Technical Issues - Used for reporting bugs, errors or any other related issues.
- Clans - Used for advertising or finding Clans or Clan members.
- Suggestions - The sub-forum for posting new ideas or features.
- - Players will be taken to the official Facebook page of the game.
- - Players will be taken to the official Instagram page of the game.
- - Players will be taken to the official YouTube channel of the game.
- - Players will be taken to the Main Page of the Dragon Mania Legends Wiki.
Players are able to choose between fifteen languages for their game, namely American English, Standard German, Italian, Peninsular Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Standard Chinese, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Turkish, Modern Standard Arabic, Thai, Indonesian, and Traditional Chinese. The language will affect the Global Chat, as each language has its separate chat, and the player must restart their game for the changes to take effect.
There are twelve different notifications which are enabled by default and which indicate when an action in the game is completed and each one of them can be enabled or disabled separately. There is also the option to enable or disable all notifications at the same time. These are:
- Dragons have finished breeding
- Construction or an upgrade of a building is completed
- Food can be harvested from Farms
- Most of the Habitats have reached their Gold capacity
- Exploration of a ruin is complete or Chronos is ready to use its power
- Clan Event-related notifications, such as when a Clan Event has started, a recipe is finished or Clan Siege Sprites are ready
- The Battle Energy is replenished on the Campaign Map or in the Dragon League
- Keys are refilled in the Enchantment League
- The Whale-Mart is available
- The Daily Prize can be collected
- The VIP Status is about to expire or has expired
- New Weekly Dragon Pieces are available in the game
For new players, a screen with Arya will pop up asking the players whether to enable their notifications or not. Regardless of the answer chosen, notifications still remain enabled by default and must be disabled manually if the player wishes to deactivate them.
The game might occasionally send notifications of other kinds that can not be found under this menu, such as new bundles or events. Disabling these can only be done from within the player's respective device's app settings.
Sound from watching advertisement videos in the game will not be disabled, even if the sound is completely disabled in the game. This sound can only be disabled from within the player's respective device's settings.
Players can choose a nickname for themselves and have it displayed to other players. Setting the nickname for the very first time is free while any subsequent change will cost 5 Gems each. Confirming the nickname is then done through either the button or the button, respectively. The player can also have the game suggest a random name through the button.
The nickname is limited to 24 characters and can not be colored. Spaces are cropped before or after the nickname.
Android and Windows players have the possibility of lowering or increasing the quality of their game's graphics in order to increase performance. This option is not available to the iOS platform. Android players can do it through the button and Windows players through the button. From here, players can choose between low, medium and high. Once the desired value is chosen and the is selected, the game will then prompt the player to restart their game in order for the new settings to take effect. The game will preview the changes live, through a sample image, as the graphics are adjusted by the player.
This sub-menu deals with general information about the game, as well as with Gameloft's policies.
Vital game information, such as the current version, the Gameloft Player ID and the player's server. Additional information is also presented, such as the credits (the team behind the game), software license, disclaimers, copyrights and other information. Unlike other menus, this one is automatically scrolling.
Help & Options
This button will display several informative panels related to the current update. Most of these will have a button that can be used to access that new feature directly.
This button will open the first page of the in-game help, where information about feeding and leveling Dragons is found.
This button will open the ninth page of the in-game help, where information about the islands can be found.
This button will open the seventh page of the in-game help, where general information about battles is presented.
This option is only available to players whose device is connected to a keyboard. Selecting it will display four pages, each with several keyboard shortcuts for opening interfaces or menus or undertaking actions in the game and an image for each page, representing the part of the game in which these shortcuts can be used. These are:
- Page 1 - Main User Interface
- Page 3 - Battles (except the Enchantment League)
- Page 4 - Main User Interface
- Mouse Click (any) - A prolonged click and then a release allows the player to pick up their Habitats and move them around without having to hold the button down. Clicking again in the decided viable spot allows the Habitat to be relocated to that space.
Connect To Social Network
Through this button, the player can connect to various social platforms in order to store their game progress or even earn rewards. There is always at least one connection option while, for some platforms, a second option might be available, as well.
If an account already exists on the device and the player wishes to connect another one, a conflicting screen will appear after connecting the other account, prompting the player to either keep the current account or switch to the other one.
Log Into Facebook
This option is available to all platforms and players. Pressing this button will prompt a screen requesting the player to log into their Facebook account in order to connect it to their game. Connecting the game to Facebook for the very first time will reward the player 10 Gems and the Prairie Dragon.
Log Into Secondary Network
Android users (except for FireOS users who have no secondary network option) can connect their game to their Gamer ID through the button whereas Windows users can connect their game to their Xbox Live account through the button and Microsoft Mobile users can connect their game to their MSN account through the button.
A secondary network for iOS users was available prior to the release of iOS 10, namely Game Center. This app has been discontinued with the release of iOS 10, but the game can still be connected to it, albeit outside the game, through the device's own settings, and save files can be retrieved from it. This is reflected inside the game, right under the option to connect the game to Facebook, where the player's Game Center username is also displayed.
Link A Device
This option is used to port the player's game progress onto a device having the same platform and server as the origin device. After the button is selected, a 10-minute code will be generated that can be entered on the desired device by accessing the same screen and selecting the button and then adding the generated code.
This option is not available to iOS players.
This option can be used to make a video recording of the gameplay. When the button is pressed, the button in the upper-right corner of the screen will appear and the player must then press it in order to give recording permission to the game. The first button will then change to the button while the second one will change to the button and pressing either will stop the recording.
The option is not available to the Windows platform, as the Windows OS has its own software for recording game clips.
In some cases, due to faulty internet connection, caching problems or an incomplete update, the game might be missing partial content. The amount of megabytes shown on the left indicates the size of the downloadable content the game can currently retrieve, while the amount on the right indicates the total size of content the game should normally have. The button is used to download the missing parts. When the entire content is present in the game, the button will be grayed out. Below the button, all of the update packs are displayed in the form of a list.
- Update 3.7 introduced the option.
- The button was replaced by the button.
- The button was replaced by the button. Now players have the option of accessing other sites, through the game, instead of just the forums.
- The flag of the current language of the game is now directly shown on the button.
- Changing the game graphics through the Graphics sub-menu is now done by dragging a bar instead of ticking boxes. Additionally, in the same sub-menu, the player can now preview the impact the level of the graphics will have on the game when dragging the bar.
- A notification for the Whale-Mart has been added under the Notifications sub-menu.
- Update 3.6 discontinued the Gameloft Connect Menu completely from all platforms, alongside the button, whereas the , and buttons were moved under the Options Menu, the last button having replaced the button.
- Update 3.5 introduced the and buttons for Android and Windows, respectively.
- Update 3.4 introduced the button at the top of the Options Menu.
- Update 3.0 introduced the option to enable or disable all notifications at once.
- The two separate notifications for Battle Energy on the Campaign Map and in the Dragon League have been merged into a single one.
- All notifications related to Enchantment have been merged together.
- All notifications related to Clans were combined into only one.
- The notification for ruins and the one for Chronos have been merged together.
- Update 2.8 added notifications for potions, Gift Chest and Weekly Dragon Pieces.
- Update 2.6 added notifications for Clan Events and for Clan Dragons.
- Update 2.1 added notifications for Chronos, Arena Energy and the VIP Status.
- Update 1.9 introduced the option to record the screen (along with the buttons pertaining to this option) and the option.